Jonathan’s artwork has evolved into a celebration of coastal New England. Working equally in the studio and on location, his work includes the harbors, beaches, vessels, and architecture of coastal marine environments.
- Education: 1989-1993 Connecticut College New London, Connecticut BFA Cum Laude with Distinction in Studio Art
- Participated in over 40 juried shows, invitationals and exhibitions, earning numerous awards and honors. Among the most recent: 2019 Roux and Cyr International Fine Art juried show First Place Award, Portland, ME; 2019 American Impressionists Society, Plein Air Magazine Award of Excellence, NY; 2019 Finalist, Fine Art Studios Online Competition, May and June; 2018 "Silvio Valerio SCNY Award”, Fall Auctions, Salmagundi Club, NY; 2018 "Rosemary & Co. Brushes Award", Sylvia Maria Glesman Floral Exhibition, Salmagundi Club, NY; 2018 134th Annual Members Exhibition, Gene Magazine Award for a Traditional Oil, Salmagundi Club, NY; 2017 Art League of Rhode Island "Boats, Surf, Beaches" Juried Exhibition with Award of Merit, Providence, RI; 2015 The Museum Purchase Award, The maritime Gallery at Mystic Seaport, International Exhibition; 2015 "Best Sense of Mystery" Award, Olmsted Plein Air Invitational, Atlanta, GA; 2015 The Boldbrush Award, Fine Art Studios Online competition, September.
- Participated Olmsted Plein Air Invitational 2015-2021
- Participated Cape Ann Plein Air Competition 2019
- Awarded 2018 American Impressionist Society Signature Member Status.
- Invited by the U.S. Department of State to participate in the “Art in Embassies” program, which expanded his work to an international audience in several U.S. embassies around the globe.